We are quickly approaching round 3 for the Business Basics grants program for Queensland small businesses.
The Business Basics grants program assists businesses in adopting best practice and increasing core skills.
For round 3, there are two funding streams based on the eligible businesses headquarters Local Government Area (LGA); grouping into either South East Queensland or regional Queensland.
Where you may be eligible for a single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST).
The grant will be used for funding activities from the following five priorities:
- Training and coaching
- Website build or upgrades
- Professional business advice
- Strategic marketing services
- Business continuity and succession
To be eligible, your business must meet the follow criteria:
- Have fewer than 20 employees
- Haven’t been approved for funding under round 1 or 2 of the business basics grants
- An active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be registered for GST
- Headquarters are located in Queensland (SEQ or regional grant depending on your business location)
- An expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
- Owners/directors are not declared insolvent or undischarged bankrupt
Applications open at 9am, 4 May 2022 and will close when a sufficient number of applications have been received for a competitive assessment.
You can start preparing for your application now by:
- Reading the available key documents and information
- Checking your eligibility
- Applying for a DESBT SmartyGrants applicant account
- Check your Australian Business Register profile is up to date
- Choose your suppliers and collect your detailed quote(s) from chosen supplier(s)
- Prepare all documentation
- Start your application when available
For more information on the application process